Sundays @ 10:30 AM
This week’s message from our Pastor:
Many of us are getting back into routines with school and after school schedules. Some parents and children are handling it better than others. Let us be patient with our children and with other adults who might be having a difficult time adjusting to the change. We all get stuck in traffic. We all get behind schedule. We all get frustrated with small and big things. Let us be kind to others, otherwise, who is going to do it?
This Sunday, we will be closing our summer sermon series by reading Psalm 127. We will be having one more confirmation student reaffirms his baptismal vows. Join us this Sunday at 10:30am.
The Generosity Team has been working and preparing for our generosity campaign coming up this October. We will have great events to participate and celebrate. To help us think about our generosity and the church’s generosity, the Team has a survey for you to fill out. This survey will provide me (Pastor Juan), our Session and the Generosity team, feedback for the last 20 months. I have been your pastor for almost two years and I want your input as we move forward. We want to strengthen our leadership and we want to see if we are headed in the right direction to fulfil our mission to “Reconnect people to God, the church community and God’s world.” We all make the church and we all are responsible to help it grow. The survey is anonymous. The survey will be available in the bulletin each Sunday and through monkeysurvey.com through Sunday September 2. We will be emailing you a link next week. Thank you for your input.
Small groups will be starting soon. We will have a signup card this Sunday. Here are the options so far.
- Stacey will be leading a Bible study Thursdays at 6:30pm. Although it has started, you can still join and be a part of the study. They meet tonight and it’s not to late to be there. Just let Stacey know at . Dinner and child care is provided. If you need childcare, please RSVP to Stacey.
- There’s a young ladies Bible study on the third Tuesday of the month from 7pm – 8:30pm with refreshments and fellowship.
- I will be leading a small group following Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University. This is a 9-week small group, starting September 9, that will focus on personal finances and education on how to get out of debt. The program is $119 and you can purchase it online by clicking on this link. It is essential that you purchase the program to participate. We will be using the online tools and workbooks from the program every meeting. If you have questions, or want to inquire more about the program, contact me at .
- Cindi will be leading the Women’s study, “Children of the Day” by Beth Moore on Wednesdays from 9am – 10am.
- Jeff Keber will be leading a monthly men’s breakfast on either the second or third Saturday of the month at various restaurants.
If you are interested in leading a small group, let me know. You can also start it after September or at a later time.
Next week, we are having a hymn sing during worship. Join us to make a “joyful noise to the Lord.” After worship, we are having a potluck. Remember to RSVP through the connection card or by contacting the office at . During the potluck, we will “dream” about our church. We will have brief table conversations about upcoming events and about ideas you may have for the future of our church.
See you Sunday!
Dios Los Bendiga! God Bless You!