At HMPC children are a vital and valued part of our congregation. To protect our children, all volunteers have passed a background screening.
We want kids to have a growing and active relationship with Jesus Christ. We want kids to live lives of integrity, generosity, and faithfulness. How do we do that?
- Have fun because Jesus came to give us life to the full.
- Keep it simple by taking one core virtue (e.g. forgiveness, peace, friendship) and looking at it from a different angle each week that month.
- Learn experientially by engaging all the senses when we teach.
- Focus on the Bible by keeping it central to our teachings.
- Connect our faith with everyday life by using everyday examples for kids.
- Partner with parents by providing them with opportunities to continue the conversation with their kids at home.
A critical belief of the children’s ministry is that the church partners with parents as they nurture their children. Parents can’t do it alone so they must surround their kids with faithful, caring adults who will encourage and teach their kids in the Christian faith. And the church can’t do it alone, so as we love kids and point them to Jesus, we also aim to support, encourage, and resource parents toward godly parenting.
Sundays @ HMPC
Children from birth through 5th grade have a place just for them on Sundays.
Grades K-5 enjoy 252, with Bible teaching, music, and small groups.
Preschoolers learn Bible stories and engage in hands-on activities.
Toddlers benefit from hands-on Bible activities.
Infant care is also available.
About 4-6 times throughout the year families gather at HMPC to worship as a family in a way that is great for kids. Parents and their kids get to enjoy singing, teaching, skits, and media, but most of all they get to spend meaningful time together engaging the truth of God’s word as a family and praying together. These are great nights together that your family will not want to miss.
For more information on how you might contribute to The Children’s Ministry at HMPC, please contact Jeff Davis at .