At HMPC children are a vital and valued part of our congregation. To protect our children, all volunteers have passed a background screening.
We want kids to have a growing and active relationship with Jesus Christ. We want kids to live lives of integrity, generosity, and faithfulness. How do we do that?
- Have fun because Jesus came to give us life to the full.
- Keep it simple by taking one core virtue (e.g. forgiveness, peace, friendship) and looking at it from a different angle each week that month.
- Learn experientially by engaging all the senses when we teach.
- Focus on the Bible by keeping it central to our teachings.
- Connect our faith with everyday life by using everyday examples for kids.
- Partner with parents by providing them with opportunities to continue the conversation with their kids at home.
A critical belief of the children’s ministry is that the church partners with parents as they nurture their children. Parents can’t do it alone so they must surround their kids with faithful, caring adults who will encourage and teach their kids in the Christian faith. And the church can’t do it alone, so as we love kids and point them to Jesus, we also aim to support, encourage, and resource parents toward godly parenting.
Sundays @ HMPC
(*Due to Covid-19 interactive Children’s Time is currently posted on our Facebook page on Sunday’s afternoons following online Worship.)
- Children from birth through 1st grade have a place just for them on Sundays. They participate in relevant lessons with hand-on learning through play with our preschool coordinator
- Grades 1st – 5th attend worship with their parents.